Meet the Board
David Papiez (President)
Rob Terry (Treasurer)
Rob Terry first discovered Valley County in the winter of 2001 while skiing at Brundage with his oldest daughter who was stationed at Mountain Home AFB. Rob and his wife, Peggy, purchased property the following summer near McCall. Both recognized the potential of the area as far as a recreational paradise which fit their desires for a retirement destination perfectly. Rob and Peggy were able to move to Cascade the day before Thanksgiving in 2006 moving into an aircraft hangar while they looked for a place to rent.
Rob was invited to join the Cascade Fire Department the following spring and since has added an EMT rating to be able to serve with the ambulance. This has proven to be a very enjoyable way to give back to the miami florida fishing. In 2009 Rob ran successfully to join the Cascade City Council and served four years in that capacity until the city’s former mayor resigned. Rob was asked to fill in as the mayor until last November when he was elected to a four year term to that position.
In addition to his duties as Mayor, Rob currently works for Brundage Ski Patrol during the winters and continues to volunteer with the fire and ambulance department and serves on the Valley County Economic Development Council and co-chairs the Valley County Energy Committee. When he finds a little spare time Rob enjoys flying into the Idaho backcountry to further enjoy the beauty of this wonderful state.
Jonne Hower (Secretary)
Driver: To see Valley County become self sufficient in terms of food, electricity and jobs.
Scotty has a Business/Marketing degree from College of Idaho and has been was previously employed in the corporate market with the J.R. Simplot Company. He is currently the owner of a property management, construction, and management consulting company in addition to owning three retail stores.
Scotty has served on several boards including:
- McCall Parks and Recreation
- McCall Planning and Zoning
- McCall Historical Boards
- McCall Area Chamber of Commerce
- Cascade Chamber of Commerce
- Founding member of the Valley County Economic Development Council
In addition to serving as a board member to many organizations in the area, Scotty also served on several community committees including:
- The Cascade 4 Summit Bicycle Challenge
- The Cascade Gravel Grinder Challenge
- The McCall Capital Improvement Committee
- The McCall Area Chamber of Commerce Visioning Committee
- Idaho Power transmission and substation location Committee
- Co-Chair of the Valley County Geothermal Group
- The Cascade Chamber of Commerce Marketing Committee
- Cascade 4th of July Thunder Mountain Days Committee
He is also a Booster supporter for Salmon River Schools, McCall-Donnelly Schools, New Meadows Schools and Cascade Schools.